"Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety, one hundred!”
Yessah! The game 10-20… I used to play this a lot when I was a kid. This and Chinese garter and luksong baka and piko... Hey, I realize I’ve never been the “baka” in luksong baka game! Ang galing ko nga pala tumalon. Yey, I rediscovered something that I’m good at! I’ve got talent after all! Well… it’s a pretty useless talent but talent nonetheless. I’m also pretty good at piko, mainly because I’ve got this flat pamato that I found near the garden of our elementary school. My playmate, James got annoyed of that thing and threw it at a nearby canal. I got so pissed off so I punched him on the face then grabbed his hair and pulled him towards the canal while saying, “pulutin mo ung pamato ko, pulutin mo sa kanal!!!”
Anyway, back to what I mean to write… yep, about 2010. (Hmmm… I forgot what I’m about to write coz all I can think about now is why I always get distracted with pointless thoughts when I’m writing… Do I have ADHD? I better finish writing this note so I can cross out one of the symptoms)…
Moving on… I wonder if kids nowadays know how to play piko or 10-20? I don’t see children playing outside anymore or hear them singing play songs with wrong lyrics like, “I love you teleber-teleber, bi ay bi, water bi, Shaider, Shaider love Annie!” Do they even know Shaider?
Last July, I went home for a vacation and I get to spend a lot of time in our good old looban. There, whenever I see my neighbors’ children outside, they are usually on their way to the computer center to play counter strike, dota or to chat online and visit their social networking sites and as they go, they often say something to me like, “Te Mi, add mo ko as neighbor sa resto city ha” or “Te Mi, padalhan mo ko ng peach saka zinnia tapos attack mo nga si Barbie sa SL, terminally depressed nako dahil sa kanya e.” My mom asked me if I know what they’re talking about coz it seems to her that those kids are talking gibberish. I just said to her, “alam nyo naman mga bata ngayon, sobrang techie na.” Then she said, “Ano naman ung teki???” hehehe…
Now another year is here; 2010 na. It still amazes me how time goes so fast. So many things happened; so many improvements have been made… Kids are no longer fond of physical games, they’re so into computers; I even saw a four year old kid opening a laptop, scanning her finger to log in and go to facebook and feed her virtual fishes in Happy Aquarium application.
Kakaiba na talaga ang panahon ngayon. I just hope that by the time I have my own kids, they can get the chance to enjoy playing games like 10-20, piko, langit lupa and jump rope while singing i love you teleber teleber… I hope by that time, in na ulit ang mga larong ganun. Sana naman kasi ayoko silang ma-obese.
Yessah! The game 10-20… I used to play this a lot when I was a kid. This and Chinese garter and luksong baka and piko... Hey, I realize I’ve never been the “baka” in luksong baka game! Ang galing ko nga pala tumalon. Yey, I rediscovered something that I’m good at! I’ve got talent after all! Well… it’s a pretty useless talent but talent nonetheless. I’m also pretty good at piko, mainly because I’ve got this flat pamato that I found near the garden of our elementary school. My playmate, James got annoyed of that thing and threw it at a nearby canal. I got so pissed off so I punched him on the face then grabbed his hair and pulled him towards the canal while saying, “pulutin mo ung pamato ko, pulutin mo sa kanal!!!”
Anyway, back to what I mean to write… yep, about 2010. (Hmmm… I forgot what I’m about to write coz all I can think about now is why I always get distracted with pointless thoughts when I’m writing… Do I have ADHD? I better finish writing this note so I can cross out one of the symptoms)…
Moving on… I wonder if kids nowadays know how to play piko or 10-20? I don’t see children playing outside anymore or hear them singing play songs with wrong lyrics like, “I love you teleber-teleber, bi ay bi, water bi, Shaider, Shaider love Annie!” Do they even know Shaider?
Last July, I went home for a vacation and I get to spend a lot of time in our good old looban. There, whenever I see my neighbors’ children outside, they are usually on their way to the computer center to play counter strike, dota or to chat online and visit their social networking sites and as they go, they often say something to me like, “Te Mi, add mo ko as neighbor sa resto city ha” or “Te Mi, padalhan mo ko ng peach saka zinnia tapos attack mo nga si Barbie sa SL, terminally depressed nako dahil sa kanya e.” My mom asked me if I know what they’re talking about coz it seems to her that those kids are talking gibberish. I just said to her, “alam nyo naman mga bata ngayon, sobrang techie na.” Then she said, “Ano naman ung teki???” hehehe…
Now another year is here; 2010 na. It still amazes me how time goes so fast. So many things happened; so many improvements have been made… Kids are no longer fond of physical games, they’re so into computers; I even saw a four year old kid opening a laptop, scanning her finger to log in and go to facebook and feed her virtual fishes in Happy Aquarium application.
Kakaiba na talaga ang panahon ngayon. I just hope that by the time I have my own kids, they can get the chance to enjoy playing games like 10-20, piko, langit lupa and jump rope while singing i love you teleber teleber… I hope by that time, in na ulit ang mga larong ganun. Sana naman kasi ayoko silang ma-obese.